I have finally finished the CNC upgrade. The CNC now has:
- Improved electronics: GenY32 (this upgradeÂ made a big difference in speed and usability).
- Improved sliders from drawer-sliders (doesn’t make such a huge difference I think)
- Improved threaded rods (proper ones made for CNC operations. It now moves much faster)
- Other control software (Using Chilipeppr, currently with GRBL, but may move to tinyg)
- New Spindle (I changed from a Dremel-copy to a 300W spindle bought from China. Much quieter and seems to work better)
- DIY couplings made out of plastic on my lathe and manual router (the rodsÂ fell off a few times before I understood how to make them. Hopefully they’re holding tight now).
There is quite a lot of testing left, but at least I’ve made my first foam figure 🙂 … see the video. Another older video also available shows the build half way done.