I’ve made a layout for a Grove-based BoosterPack + servo connectors, thinking this might be an ok robot platform. (Info on Grove sensors at SeeedStudio) I might also make one based on RJ11 (narrow ethernet-like connectors). These are more foolproof and easier for kids to use.
Grove really have quite a lot of sensors, and I think some of them at least are 3.5 V compatible.
The board has the following:
- Grove connectors for all pins
- Servo connectors for some pins
- Battery connector
- Voltage regulator
- Protection against opposite voltage connection (will it work??? Are there better ways?)
- Some extra space. Not sure what to add. Maybe a proximity sensor circuit.
- Some extra space that can be broken off as another board. Can maybe add some sensor boards here, but not sure which are best.
I’m planning to get some of these made at SeeedStudio (once the final design is done).