Testing laser cutter

Here’s a Raspberry Pi case I’ve made using the laser cutter. It’s still a bit rough around the edges, and I’ve got to tune it more to see exactly which power levels I need etc. For this cut, it didn’t cut through the acrylic on all the parts, so I had to break off some of it. Better next time. (The design is from Ladyada, and you can buy a version from there.)

And here’s a picture of the result of trying to make some solder stencils. The picture shows the result of different power settings, with the optimal being circled in black. The optimal seemed to be 10% speed, 20% power with a wet paper below. There are probably many other configurations that would work, like for example lower power and lower speed.

Raspberry PI arrived

Finally, seemingly several months after I ordered, the Raspberry PI has arrived. It seems to work well. I’ve connected it up to my home theatre, but haven’t done extensive testing yet. I’m going to try to play around with the IO ports to see if I can make something useful with it.

Here is  a good link with info on the GPIO pins.

And here is a link with info on how to set up a lightweight web server called nginx (the instructions has a bug, as you have to add sudo somewhere it’s not stated).