Testing laser cutter

Here’s a Raspberry Pi case I’ve made using the laser cutter. It’s still a bit rough around the edges, and I’ve got to tune it more to see exactly which power levels I need etc. For this cut, it didn’t cut through the acrylic on all the parts, so I had to break off some of it. Better next time. (The design is from Ladyada, and you can buy a version from there.)

And here’s a picture of the result of trying to make some solder stencils. The picture shows the result of different power settings, with the optimal being circled in black. The optimal seemed to be 10% speed, 20% power with a wet paper below. There are probably many other configurations that would work, like for example lower power and lower speed.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *